CAPE includes the following new features:
- Configuration of cluster using the Kubernetes cluster setup wizard
- Installation of Biqmind components using Biqmind CAPE user interface
- BiqOperator — The main control plane that acts as an orchestrator connecting different clusters (host & child clusters) from different cloud service providers with Kubernetes Engine. It consist the following components -
- Kubernetes Backup
- Kubernetes Restore
- Multi-cluster Deployer
- BiqVeleroOperator — to manage backup and restoration of cluster components (pv, pvc, deployments, etc.) to aid in disaster recovery.
- Federation enables you to federate multiple Kubernetes clusters for resources distribution, service discovery, high availability etc across multiple clusters.
Backup and Restore
- Creation of backup location
- Creation of one-time cluster backup or scheduling a recurring cluster backup
- Selection of backing up either of application, data or both
- Restoration of cluster backup
- CAPE control plane to federate clusters, manage application and services
- Use Kubernetes manifest for multi-cluster application deployment
Supported Cloud Environments
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon EKS
- Azure AKS
- Google GKE
Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Enables admin to control user access and onboard users to and from the system.
Fixed in Version
None in this release
Only support creating backup on multi-cluster on the same cloud service provider. Backups cannot be supported on hybrid cloud providers.