CAPE includes the following new features:
- Configuration of cluster using the Kubernetes cluster setup wizard
- Installation of Biqmind components using Biqmind CAPE user interface
- BiqOperator — The main control plane that acts as an orchestrator connecting different clusters (host & child clusters) from different cloud service providers with Kubernetes Engine. It consist the following components -
- Kubernetes Backup
- Kubernetes Restore
- Multi-cluster Deployer
- BiqVeleroOperator — to manage backup and restoration of cluster components (pv, pvc and deployments) to aid in disaster recovery.
- Federation enables you to federate multiple Kubernetes clusters for resources distribution, service discovery and high availability across multiple clusters.
- Creation of backup location
- Creation of one-time cluster backup or scheduling a recurring cluster backup
- Option to back up either the application, data or both.
- Restoration of cluster backup
- Use CAPE as control plane to federate clusters, manage application and services.
- Use Kubernetes manifest for multi-cluster application deployment.
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon EKS
- Azure AKS
- Google GKE
- Enables Admin to control user access and to onboard users to the system.
None in this release
Only supports the creation of backup on multi-cluster on the same cloud service provider. Backups are not supported on hybrid cloud providers.